- Keep your marker handy- know which pocket its in and make sure you return it to the same spot after every game.
- Mark your ball BEFORE you pick your ball up (to avoid a nasty penalty stroke).
- Put your marker down BEHIND the ball- you can get it out of the way of another player, clean it or line up the markers on the ball to improve your accuracy.
- If it is directly in the line of another player, move the marker 1 club length laterally on either side of the line.
- Use a high quality ball marker like the one that comes with the CADDYSACK™.
- Step on another player's putt line (or cast a shadow on their line). It won't cost you a stroke, but might get you a few dirty looks.
- Pick up or mark another player's ball without permission of that player.
- Use a different ball than the one you originally marked.
- Lose your CADDYSACK™ ball marker.
There are many technical rules to the game, but these ball marker do's and don'ts are a few to remember. Keep these in mind and you’ll be sure to save a few arguments - and maybe a few strokes on your game!